Wednesday, July 7, 2010

French fries for dinner


When you were little, did you you think about all the things you'd do when you were grown up? You know, stay up late, eat whatever you wanted, drive a car, etc?

Well, everytime I eat something terrible for dinner, I think about being a little kid. I think about all the times I just wanted to eat spaghetti forever or didn't see the problem with eating a handful of HP sauce out of my hand (gross, right?). Well, I ate french fries for dinner tonight and as I was eating them I felt slightly ashamed (even though I'm alone) and thought about how much nicer it would be if I was eating a healthy meal around a table with my family. It felt kinda lonely and I'm definitely old enough to know better. (Even worse, I got D in trouble last night for not eating a proper dinner)

Funny, isn't it, how much we learn to value the things we were so ready to be done with as kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails